The answer under Kentucky workers compensation law is "yes" and almost always you can designate your own doctor to treat you for your work injury.  There can be very limited exceptions to this general rule.  Your employer can require you to be examined by a doctor of their choosing under some circumstances also. 

If you have questions about your rights when you have suffered a work injury or filed a Kentucky workers compensation benefits claim, contact Lexington, Kentucky work injury lawyer Robert Abell at 859-254-7076.