If your employer refuses to pay on your claim for Kentucky workers compensation benefits, your claim will initially be decided by a workers compensation Administrative Law Judge.  If either side is dissatisfied with the ALJ's decision, either may appeal that decision to the Kentucky Workers Compensation Board. After that, the case could be appealed to the Kentucky Court of Appeals and even to the Kentucky Supreme Court

Here's a decision from the Kentucky Court of Appeals in a workers compensation case for one of Robert L. Abell's clients: Kentucky Court of Appeals Upholds Workers Compensation Award for Back Injury - Archer v Back Construction. Here is a copy of the brief filed by Robert Abell in that case.